Join The Team
Be part of an ambitious and talented team.
Payroll Sorted is growing. We’re always on the hunt for ambitious and talented people. If this sounds like your kind of company, apply to one of the positions below, sure, we’ve got a few perks to sweeten the offering, but but the real reasons people are proud to work here goes beyond free lunches and on-site massages. Everyone’s opinion is heard and respected and you’ll see the difference you make in the lives of business owners, every day.
Flexible and remote working
Technology makes it possible to be flexible with where you work – we get that and support it. We have both office based and remote working team members – we actually have more of the team working remotely (home based) but we keep connected and meet remotely as a team every day. So you don’t have to be local to want to work for us!!
Free Personal Training Sessions
We encourage our team to be healthy and believe exercise is important for both physical and mental wellbeing… that’s why we encourage our staff to take time out to keep fit!! regardless of location, you will get to take part in the weekly fitness session hosted by local gym owner Matt Leman (Payroll Sorted’s Personal Trainer) – so prepare for some extra fitness coming your way!
Charlie HR Perks
We use Charlie HR to manage our annual leave etc and this includes membership to Charlie HR Perks at Work. Recent perks have included exclusive money saving offers, additional Black Friday savings, and a Community Online Academy – offering free online courses.
Regular social and team events
We do like to have some fun….and look forward to you joining our next team event!
Past events have included Queens Tennis, ATP Tennis, Go Karting, Escape Rooms, Theme Parks, Cinema Night, Quiz Night at the office and more….
As well as the usual PC set up (Dual Monitors) where required, we also provide you with a MacBook Air which is connected to our Hosted Desktop environment. These are great for our flexible working hours as you can use this if you need to work at home for any family reasons etc – plus we’re happy for you to use for your personal use when you’re not working as well !!!
Training and development time
Ambitious and forward thinking team members, keen to develop their own qualifications and skills will be supported and encouraged.
Just a couple of our recent team events
YOU MADE THE SHORTLIST
LOG INTO OUR RECRUITMENT HUB
PASSWORD GIVEN TO SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WHO’S CV HAS BEEN PRE-SCREENED
WELCOME TO THE TEAM
LOG INTO OUR ON-BOARDING PAGES
PASSWORD GIVEN TO SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WHO ARE SET TO JOIN THE TEAM
Click on a position below to find out more about the role as well as a link to apply.
(Home working Available)
Are you currently working within the world of Payroll? Do you feel undervalued and in need of a fresh challenge, or perhaps looking to push yourself forward within a company that won’t hold you back?
If so, GREAT… Keep on reading, you’re going to Love us.
Here are 5 reasons you will want to work with us:
Opportunities – We have doubled in size in the space of a year and our plan is to become the market leader in our sector. What does this mean for you, simple – OPPORTUNITIES and lots of them as we grow.
Training & Learning – Do you want to push on and learn new skills and become an all-round payroll Ninja? We take YOUR development seriously; You won’t find a better place for training and performance improvement. We want to be the best, and have the best working for us!!
No hierarchy tree to climb here – We won’t ever hold you back, if you want to push on and progress, we will actively support YOU.
Market Disruptor – We are shaking up the payroll world – You would be joining a business that purposely looks to do things differently. You would be part of a business that looks to deliver distinctive service and something that’s not already been done – how exciting is that…
Awesome Team mates –We have created a GREAT Team Atmosphere here, ALL team members are positive minded people with a ‘Can Do’ attitude, all pulling in the same direction – We actively only recruit the ‘Right Fit’ of person for our team, this ensures that we can not only delivery on the exceptional service we promise – but means we all like each other and enjoy working together :).
Our core values are important to us, and we only want to work with people that are aligned with them, In a nutshell…we want Team members that will take the steps necessary to do what you say are going to do and be accountable for your actions. In other words live “Above the line” – see our website for what this means…
so please only apply if the above resonates with you.
So, what is the role? Well we have no fancy job titles or elaborate job descriptions to list…. but we are clear on what we are looking for you to do:
The key aspect of this role will be to ensure that our clients payrolls are completed accurately and on time, providing a strong supportive role to our Account Managers in relation to the processing of Payroll for our clients for all 1700+ clients which vary in frequency (weekly, monthly, fortnightly) and in size (1 to 800+ employees)
- Managing a large number of payrolls ranging from Sole traders to Ltd Companies.
- Weekly and Monthly Payroll processing.
- Dealing with SMP, SSP and SPP, Coding notices, P45s.
- Online filing of all relevant HMRC forms.
- Dealing with mid-month starters & leavers.
- Calculating pay rates/overtime/bonus/pay raises/holiday for clients when required.
- Accounts journals in respect of monthly payrolls.
- Registration and closure of PAYE/CIS schemes.
- Managing CIS schemes.
Our intense training programme will help any new Team member get to grips with the very specific way we do things and training is given in all areas. Saying that thought, we do insist that ALL of our Payrolls Ninja’s have previous experience within the payroll world – having received payslips before wouldn’t qualify you J, but what would, is at least 1 years’ experience of working within a multi payroll function, ideally within an accountancy practice or specialist payroll bureau would be beneficial.
Over the last 18 months, our business has grown substantially and with that growth we have fundamentally changed our business model. Along with our office-based team, we have fully embraced the remote working set-up. We have now got this set-up down to a fine art, so if you want to avoid the commute and simply love rolling out of bed and jumping onto the computer to work, we can accommodate this (although we have a casual dress code, no pyjamas for zoom meetings please :)).
All sounds fantastic right? then what are you waiting for…. Apply now!
(Office based only)
This is a NEW role and it’s materialised due to our growth. Things here are moving quickly (we doubled in size last year and we’re aiming for the same again this year…).
This new role is required to help cope within an area that has come under strain as we get bigger, so this is truly a job that you can put your own mark on.
This isn’t a payroll processing role…we already have that covered with our fabulous Payroll Processing Team in place. This role will be geared towards supporting that Team and dealing with our customers, we have come up with the catchy title of Customer Support Specialist
The idea of the role, is that you would be the point of contact for our customers, so if they want to discuss something about their payroll, either a question or query, it would be YOU they would be dealing with. Likewise if the client hasn’t sent in their pay instructions or we have a question or query, YOU would be calling or emailing them to get answers.
You might be thinking ‘but i don’t know anything about payroll, Tax or National Insurance’. We get that, and that’s why this role has been designed that you haven’t got to be a payroll expert (we have those here already!) you would be responsible for getting the responses from the team and communicating these back to customers in a timely manner (in a non technical way) oh, and do it by following our systems (the good news is that we are a highly systematic set-up that makes that process much easier).
However, we also understand that it would be massively beneficial if you did know the foundations of Payroll, so we would support YOU working towards a payroll qualification as well.
We got the team involved and asked them to brainstorm what they think would be required for someone to be successful in this new role, so here goes:
- Fantastic on the PHONE – Listen intently, know what questions to ask, able to summarize answers to customers, the ability to juggle potentially back 2 back calls and make clear notes for each call.
- Great COMMUNICATION skills – knowing when to listen (i.e. maybe a confused client needing help). How to speak on different levels to different clients, being able to clearly ask questions to the Team, having that skill of smashing out emails in a non techy manner.
- CALM & Patience – Being able to manage your emotions – this will help when that same customer calls you for the 7th time, asking the same question…
- Dealing with PROBLEMS – Yes, sometimes customers call for a chat but most of the time they have a problem or a question and it’s our job to solve it, the speed and quality of the response is what we want to set us apart and keep our clients happy.
- TIME Manager – We are in a deadline driven industry, we can’t miss a pay or submission deadline but equally we need to be able to manage off time expectations for a client we have promised to call back today.
- Doesn’t mind the FASTLANE – This role will be fast paced and switching from one task to another will just be part of the job, so somebody that can quickly pick up on an issue and be able to see a clear/speedy path to resolution (Problem Solver) is a given.
- Awesome at ADMIN – meaning: Highly organised, tech savvy, multi-tasker, with a great eye for detail.
We love being open and would much rather be upfront and tell you how it is. This role will be a ‘head spinner’ and fast paced, what we’re saying here is, if you are looking for a steady, boring role, this wouldn’t be the one to apply for.
However, if you want a role, that will push and challenge YOU and to work for a business that is truly looking to become an industry leader, we just might have your next job ready and waiting.
We honestly don’t want you wasting your time applying for this role if you aren’t suitable, so please ONLY apply for this role if:
- You have at least 2 years experience in a previous Customer Service or Account Manager role.
- Within that role you engaged with customers both over the phone and via email.
- You can resonate (through experience) in connection to the bullet points above.
- You are willing to undertake a Payroll Course in order to understand the service we offer (don’t worry we won’t be asking to your run our clients payrolls – just understand the service we provide).
Retail only experience unfortunately won’t be considered for this role
All sounds fantastic right? then what are you waiting for…. Apply now!
UPLOAD YOUR CV
Just go ahead and upload your cv and tell us why you should a part of our wonderful team.